Make sure all information is accurate and spelled correctly. It is important that your name exactly matches the name on your passport.
Inclusive Dates in Canada
Terms and Conditions
- You are required to have proof of full time employment in Canada. Your proof of employment must be on company letterhead with your complete job description (your title, your responsibility, your wages)
- You must be a US Citizen between the ages of 18 and 35 in order to qualify for the SWAP Work in Canada program. Once approved by the Canadian Government, your visa must be activated at the Canadian point of entry within the validity period on you approval document. You will be allowed to work in Canada for up to a period of one year from your date of entry into Canada provided you have proof of insurance for the full length of your intended stay.
- Proof of Insurance for a minimum of $25,000 emergency medical and repatriation of remains (return of mortal remains) is required and must be valid for the duration of your intended stay. Your visa will only be granted for the length of your insurance coverage and cannot be extended. Your insurance policy must be valid prior to your entrance to Canada. Please ask us for more information on our insurance if you don’t have alternative coverage. If you are unable to provide proof of insurance upon entry into Canada your visa may be denied and no refunds will be given.
- We are only able to speak with the applicant in regards to the application unless the applicant specifies in writing the name of someone who will represent them.
- If you have a criminal record you may not be able to enter Canada, sometimes, even if a conviction has been removed from your record. If you apply and are denied entry, your application fees are nonrefundable.
- FROSCH Student Travel will process your application as soon as possible after we receive it, generally within 3 business days. We will then provide you instructions and documentation for completing your on-line government application. (MyCIC) Once you have completed your on-line application and paid the following government fees: $153 CAD Visa Issuance Fee and $100 CAD Open Visa Holder Fee, the Canadian government has advised that application processing time will be approximately 8 to 10 weeks, though they do not guarantee processing times. Once your on-line account has been created, FROSCH Student Travel will not be able to provide any further information on the status of your application.
- There is no refund of the program application fee of $739 if the Canadian government later rejects your application since you are still claiming a place in the yearly quota of work visas.
- When entering Canada you must show proof of funds in the amount of $2,500 USD. If you cannot provide this proof you may be denied entry and no refund will be allowed.
- When submitting your application you must provide FROSCH Student Travel with:
- Completed and signed application form as well as Terms and Conditions (2 pages)
- Clear copy of picture page of your US passport
- Current resume (even if you already have a job offer)
- Credit Card information for the $739 program fee submitted via our secure website.
- Payment is only accepted by Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover. Your card will only be charged once we have verified your eligibility.
- The Canadian government currently allows a small number of visas for second year applicants. You may re-apply for one additional year to the SWAP program as long as you still meet the eligibility requirements and there are visa slots available.